Wednesday 22 August 2012

Simple Derma Intensive Relief Cream Review

I'm slightly obsessed with finding the right moisturiser for my skin - mainly because almost every 'Shea butter' 'ultra-soft' product seems to anger the very pores in my skin resulting in lovely bouts of inflammation - or they sit on the skin so I end up looking like I've dipped my limbs in a vat of Crisp 'n Dry. So, in essence, I need a product that is gentle, really works on my dry angry skin and actually gets absorbed. Very few products have ever delivered on all three, until now!


This little pot of Simple Derma has finally soothed my irritable outsides! I suffer from contact dermatitis which basically means the slightest irritant can trigger eczema - which is nice. This cream is 'clinically proven' to help with very dry, sensitive and irritable skin. I'm not sure what clinically proven is necessarily referring to, but I'm swayed by it's performance so far. At first I thought 'what a tiny tub' and what a bit disappointed since I wanted to use this all over my arms - and figured it would only last a week, however, it's lasting really well - a little goes a long way as the consistency is very thick, dense and creamy. Having said that it seems to absorb really well, leaving no greasy film (to further anger my skin) and just a light scent of ..well...cream! Being a 'simple' product it obviously boasts of it's gentleness and use of non-irritant products, and since I've been using it with no problems I would concur.


The price is a little high - around £5 - £6 per tub (there's a lotion version as well but my skin didn't like that one..) but I managed to procure a couple of tubs from my local Superdrug (the online one, that is) for around half price as an introductory offer - so its worth keeping eyes peeled if you want to try this out. I also tend to get Kerotosis Pilaris on my upper arms - and this definitely helps reduce the bumps and redness (it's by no means a cure, but then there isn't one!). So all in all, love this, have already stocked up and will most definitely repurchase in the future (but might wait for a special offer ;) ) 

Oh and if you want to buy it try www.boots.com or www.superdrug.com  - although both seem to be out of stock of the cream as I'm posting this - so I'm hoping it's not being discontinued already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment